Re: Forcing users to use sasl on postfix

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 at 18:43:28 -0300, Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:
> Hi all. Let me know if I'm on the wrong list.

Probably yes. I suggest the postfix-users mailing list.

> I want all users that send email on my smtp gateway to use sasl
> authentication.
>
> Here is my main.cf
>
> <main.cf>
> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
> smtpd_recipient_restriction = permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
> </main.cf>
>
> and I set up /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf to use pam with
> "pwcheck_method: pam".
>
> But I still can send email from my local network.
> Any thing I have missed ??
> Any packages ?

Probably wrong config.
"Local network" you said... Maybe you've got "permit_mynetworks"
somewhere in the config and "mynetworks" parameter too wide.

Oh, remember to always show the result of 'postconf -n' when asking at
the postfix-users list.

HTH
--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only