Kernel 2.4.21-rc2 still vulnarable or am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

sorry for being so penetrating about this issue.

I have some really obscure thing here.

I downloaded

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/linux-2.4.20.tar.bz2
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/testing/patch-2.4.21-rc2.bz2

to get rid of that ptrace bug. ok, I compiled it using kpkg-make, I
tryid it several time and also WITHOUT odule support, but look what
happens (I post the compile-process, maybe I did something wrong as I
am not such an expert on these things):

cd /usr/src/
tar --bzip2 -xvf linux-2.4.20.tar.bz2
bzip2 -dc patch-2.4.21-rc2.bz2 | patch -p0
cd /usr/src/kernel...
make-kpkg clean
make menuconfig
make-kpkg clean
fakeroot make-kpkg --append_to_version -X-01 \
 --revision=rev.01 kernel_image
dpkg -i kernel-image-2.4.21-X-01_rev.01_i386.deb

shutdown -r now.

ok, I login as root, just to check the system:
uname -r
2.4.21-rc2-X-01
woody:~# /sbin/lsmod
lsmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

OK, I disabled modules in kernel...
then i login as some user...

xxx@woody:~$ id
uid=999(xxx) gid=999(xxx) groups=999(xxx)
xxx@woody:~$

xxx@woody:~$ cd /new/ptrace/isec-ptrace-kmod-exploit
[-] Fatal error: Unknown error 125
Killed

ok, looks good. But immediatly after this the system gets eaten up by
the process started by this exploit, which is using 99% CPU.

Did I something wrong? Or is this exploit, if not for a root shell,
still good for a local DOS?

Have a nice thread,
Peter