Re: Kernel 2.4.21-rc2 still vulnarable or am I doing something wrong?

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 06:11 am, Peter Holm wrote:
> Did I something wrong? Or is this exploit, if not for a root shell,
> still good for a local DOS?

Yes, any user on any system may use all of the available CPU time unless the
administrator has placed limits on them doing so.  Presumably the exploit is
trying to do what it does, over and over, continually failing.  Any software
could do any pointless calculation or operation over and over for the same
effect.

 - Keegan