Re: antivirus scanning facility

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:41:51 +0100, Mathieu Laurent wrote:
> My mail servers use exiscan with exim3 on woody. The antivirus scanner is
> uvscan from McAfee.
>
> Since the beginning of this week, I see that there are virus not
> detected by uvscan (with virus signature file up-to-date). There are a
> new version of uvscan on McAfee Website. This release use
> "libstdc++.so.2.8"

That's an _extremely_ old version of the standard C++ library. You could try
lobbying McAffee for a version linked to a libstdc++ from this millenium, or
for a statically linked version.

> and  the lib in debian is "libstdc++.so.3.x". When I
> launch this new version, the program stops because the libstdc++.so.2.8
> doesn't exists.

> My questions are: How I can install this library without break the
> libraries on my servers

You could try installing the "libstdc++2.8" package which is available in
the "oldlibs" section of the "oldstable" distribution (potato).

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:18:00 -0300, Martin Radosta wrote:
> just do:
> #ln -s libstdc++.so.3.x libstdc++.so.2.8

Don't do that. If you're lucky, the software will crash immediately. If
you're unlucky, it'll have subtle or less subtle problems.

HTH,
Ray
--
"The proper place for a CAPSLOCK key is in a different hemisphere from you."
	Tom Christiansen in "Interface Zen",