Re: [OT]: Recommondations on hardware firewall / vpn device

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 at 03:32:17PM +0100, Marcel Weber wrote:
> I already took a look at the 3com Superstack III Firewall, which seems
> quite decent to me. But I did not find anything about VPN interop with
> Linux / Macs.
>
> Any ideas / advices?

You may wish to look in to a SonicWall.  They are expensive but do have
IPSec capabilities and I believe work with FreeSWAN (on a shared secret
basis).  http://www.sonicwall.org.

We run one in my small organization (around 30 users) and we have not
had much problems with it.  We have had it over a year and have only
needed to power-cycle it once.

Regards,

--
Phil

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/
wget -O - http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/key.txt | gpg --import
--
Excuse #112: You put the disk in upside down.