Re: Does this require an update to stable

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 09:30:37AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> maybe not very helpful. If I understood you correctly, then the package
> smtpd provides a init script which reads some defaults from
> /etc/default/snmp and then starts snmpd, snmpdtrapd, etc. So if a user
> adds/changes the right entry in /etc/default/snmp the snmptrapd daemon
> will never be started when the machine is rebooted.

Correct.

> But what about the
> missing '-f' that the user reported? Is there really some '-f' missing
> in a test or is it only missing due to the cirumstance of removing the
> configuration file /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf. I'm currently unsure about

The missing '-f' is supposed to be part of an additional check to make
sure there is a config file prseent before starting the daemon.  The
missing '-f' results in that check always evaluating true.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 12:54:23PM +0200, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> the existence of this file and not startd the daemon. Why not send a
> package to propose updates fixing this?

How do I do that.

> In any case you might want to
> check if this behavior applies too for the snmpd package.

It doesn't.  It was just a typo for snmptrapd that happened to be
valid /bin/test syntax and slipped through my testing (and apparently
everyone else's for a long time)..

David
--
David Engel