Re: Does this require an update to stable

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 08:29:57PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I received the attached bug report on my snmpd package.  Ordinarily, I
> would fix it and upload a new version.  The problem is that the
> version in question (4.2.3) no longer provides the snmpd package since
> it has been superceded by a major, new version (5.0.3).  For testing
> and unstable, the old version now only provides the library packages.
> Furthermore, there already is a way to control the snmptrapd daemon by
> setting the appropriate variable in /etc/default/snmp.  Should I
> direct the user to use /etc/default/snmp and close this report or
> should I update the older version and request it go into stable only?

	I take it that it's not difficult for the initd script to test for
the existence of this file and not startd the daemon. Why not send a
package to propose updates fixing this? In any case you might want to
check if this behavior applies too for the snmpd package.

	Regards

	Javi