Re: [SECURITY] [DSA-136-1] Multiple OpenSSL problems

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 05:07:14PM -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> I've found all the CPAN modules I have needed exist in woody, but
> sometimes you need to be creative in figuring out the package name to
> look for, although 'apt-cache search' helps a lot.  If you can't find a
> module you need, the dh-make-perl package automates the process for
> packaging a module.

It also seems that Debian and CPAN have learned to live much more
harmoniously than in the past. I used to be perl-porters regular
so my first stop for Perl modules is CPAN to get the latest. This
used to cause me no end of headaches... I had scripts that basically
treated the debian package manager the way a lion tamer with a gun
and chair treats a lion :-)