more mail stuff

I decided to go with popa3d, along with stunnel. Thanks to Tim van Erven for inspiring this. Now I have some security questions in regards to Exim. I see no reason to broadcast to the world exactly what version of exim I am running, or even that I am running exim for smtp services. I've already modified the received_header_text variable in exim.conf to reflect the information I am willing to give out. However, I cannot figure out a way to modify the header message given when logging in on port 25. Does this require a compile option? If so, are there problems I should be aware of in regards to replacing the system exim with a newly compiled version?

----
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
-- William Pitt (1759-1806)