Re: slapper countermeasures

Geoff Crompton <geoff.crompton@bjhcontrols.com.au> writes:

>   (I've been trying to think of a reason that the owner of an infected
>   box would not appreciate efforts to sanitize the box).

The big problem is that it's possible your efforts actually damage
important services or data that the virus didn't.

Machines which are vulnerable to viruses are likely also set up in
rather interesting ways.  Unless you had detailed knowledge of how it
was set up, you might break things while disabling the virus.

Dedicated to better living through computers.