Re: slapper countermeasures

Ralf Dreibrodt wrote:

Hi,

Michael Renzmann wrote:
Opinions?

you want to use a backdoor to get access a server, on which you are not
allowed to get access.
after that you want to modify the server (killing processes, deleting files)
and you use the server without permission (for sending mail).

well, IANAL, but you should ask a lawyer before doing stuff like this.

<snip>

Hmm... well, I know the law usually isn't this flexible, but from a common-sense point-of-view, I think in this case most people would agree that Mike's and Jean's ideas are a Good Thing. I mean, it's not like they're going to plant a virus-- that's already been done. The point of breaking in is to *get rid of* the virus. Unsolicited help, you know? :) *shrug* Sounds good to me, anyway.

--
Vikki Roemer
Registered Linux user #2880021   http://linuxcounter.li.org/