Re: Proposal for new Security subsection for non-US

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:45:05 -0400
"Phillip Hofmeister" <plhofmei@zionlth.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 09:07:37PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> > If you could draw up a list of packages that needs to be dealt with by
> > this new system then I would be glad to work through them in a couple of
> > weeks and work out which files are the ones that need new packages
> > creating for them in the manner you describe.
> >
> > Please note that I do not have a whole lot of experience in debian
> > packaging. Therefore I am really not looking to become a leader for
> > this: I am very willing to work on this, but not to lead it!

Same goes for me.  I've been wanting to donate some time to the debian project...and this seems to be the best way right now.  I run debian 3.0 on my desktop and some servers.  I'd like to see security updates happen alot quicker.  If this means me donating my own time...so be it.
Let me know what I have to do to get involved here.

regards,
Brad Beck

-'vehement debian advocate'