Re: Proposal for new Security subsection for non-US

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 08:27:58AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 06:24:39PM +1200, Nick Phillips wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 12:21:12AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> > > I think it shouldn't be /too/ hard to find other developers interested
> > > in working on this...
>
> > For example, I intend in the near-ish future to make up-to-date mailscanner
> > .debs available whether or not any other bunch of packages does similarly....
>
> > As to whether or not I'll have time to help with such a coordinated effort,
> > I'm really not sure. Depends on how the job thing goes in the next couple
> > of months.
>
> If others are willing to work on individual packages for such tools, I
> can at least work on setting up a centralized archive for the packages
> -- either in my homedir on one of the Debian machines, or on a server
> here at work.

I would be happy to help you with this. I am currently finishing exams
ATM and next week I am on holiday but after that I will have 7-9 weeks
of uninterrupted holiday to help with this.

If you could draw up a list of packages that needs to be dealt with by
this new system then I would be glad to work through them in a couple of
weeks and work out which files are the ones that need new packages
creating for them in the manner you describe.

Please note that I do not have a whole lot of experience in debian
packaging. Therefore I am really not looking to become a leader for
this: I am very willing to work on this, but not to lead it!

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
not properly grounded, please bury computer