Re: ROUTEUR ET IDENTD

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Chris Lewis wrote:
> I don't mean this to be sarcastic. .. it may have been attempted or
> may already exist - I am internationally ignorant, though wish I were
> not so .. why do we not have an RFC that documents the Official
> (Written/Typed) Language of Communications for the World - On the
> Internet?

Are you suggesting an RFC that says "Unless otherwise stated, all
communication on the Internet should be in US English", or something? Or
do you mean that the RFC would propose the use of an auxlang such as
Interlingua, Glosa, Ido or Esperanto? Or do you propose an RFC describing
a new auxlang designed specially for the purpose?

The IETF has said that English is the language used for RFCs[1],
incidentally, though that's a long way from any of the interpretations
of your question given above.

[1] http://www.rfc-editor.org/overview.html