Re: These 'roots' are bugging me.

dave,
running BIND as a non-privileged user is a good idea, but putting it
into a chroot jail _and_ running as a non-root user is much safer.
i've recently created a chroot'd BIND and use it on a production server;
it's not that difficult. if you want to do this, the chroot-BIND8 howto
is your friend: http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Chroot-BIND8-HOWTO.html

this document is really good, but some additional work needs to be done
to get the thing work on debian.