Re: portscans and sniffing

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 10:36:18AM +0100, kuepper@in-secure.net wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have startet a Security Company in Germany an now i have e few questions.

First try learning how to write :)

> Are ftp anonymous scans illegal?

That depends on what country the system is located in, but generally it
is considere illegal to portscan or attemt to access systems you are not
authorized to access. However there is hardly any enforcement of these
rules.

> if it is, can i get an license to do penetrations test?

I suggest you only scan systems you are authorized to scan by their
respective owners (your clients) and keep well away from other people's
boxes.

Mark Janssen     Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark(at)markjanssen.nl / maniac(at)maniac.nl     GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Web: Maniac.nl Unix-God.[Net|Org] MarkJanssen.[com|net|org|nl] SyConOS.[com|nl]