Re: Exim mail Problem

Try running mailq, to get a list of messages currently in the queue.

Try doing an "exigrep 16L9VL-0001OX-00 mainlog" to try and find out why the message is frozen. You will probably have to search back through your logs if its been there a while.

And here is a little script I use a work to delete messages from the queue matching a pattern:

#!/usr/bin/ksh
SPAM=$1
mailq |grep $SPAM |cut -b11-26 > /tmp/spamlist

for i in `cat /tmp/spamlist`
do
exim -Mrm $i
echo "deleted $i"
done
rm /tmp/spamlist

And here is a modifaction to try and force deliverery attempts on messages matching a pattern.

#!/usr/bin/ksh
SPAM=$1
mailq |grep $SPAM |cut -b11-26 > /tmp/sendlist

for i in `cat /tmp/sendlist`
do
exim -M $i
echo "delivered $i"