Re: WAY OT (Re: In Praise of Dos (RE: Mutt & tmp files))

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 01:00:58PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * J C Lawrence (claw@kanga.nu) [011120 12:04]:
> > On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:57:05 -0600
> > Nathan E Norman <Nathan> wrote:
> > > Could you at least honor my Mail-Followup-To: header?
> > Mail-Followup-To is a non-standard, un-RFC documented, generally
> > unsupported header.
> So are "please" and "thank you," but it's generally considered polite.

    To carry your analogy forward into the absurd, to be useful "please"
    and "thank you" have to be heard and recognized as such.

    If you use a header that is not universally supported, or even
    supported by a fairly popular mail client (Mutt in this case) or
    frequently used (if not popular) MTA (Exchange in this case), then
    you can't really complain if it gets ignored.

    As I said earlier, Mutt never saw it.

--
Share and Enjoy.