Re: WAY OT (Re: In Praise of Dos (RE: Mutt & tmp files))

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:40:42PM -0800, Petro wrote:
>     If you use a header that is not universally supported, or even
>     supported by a fairly popular mail client (Mutt in this case) or
>     frequently used (if not popular) MTA (Exchange in this case), then
>     you can't really complain if it gets ignored.
>
>     As I said earlier, Mutt never saw it.

Quoting from the Mutt manual:
Mutt has a few nice features for handling mailing lists. In order to take advantage of them, you must specify which addresses belong to mailing lists, and which mailing lists you are subscribed to. Once you have done this, the list-reply function will work for all known lists. Additionally, when you send a message to a subscribed list, mutt will add a Mail-Followup-To header to tell other users' mail user agents not to send copies of replies to your personal address. Note that the Mail-Followup-To header is a non-standard extension which is not supported by all mail user agents. Adding it is not bullet-proof against receiving personal CCs of list messages. Also note that the generation of the Mail-Followup-To header is controlled by the followup_to configuration variable.

--
	Ricardo