RE: Secure 2.4.x kernel

A major point concerning "laws" is that they prevent nothing. Laws against murder have been around since the idea of "laws" was invented, yet murder still happens. Sometimes in new and spectacular ways.

Individual security, be it physical or logical, must be considered an individual responsibility. Each server, each PC, each system must have its own security addressed not in a standard "legislated" pattern, but with the unique attributes of that specific system in mind.

At the very least, turning off all "services" that are not specifically and deliberately turned on is the first step.

Curt-