Re: per IP billing

I have ip tables running and i did a test with the -c flag but i get the following response.

proxy:/home# iptables -A INPUT -s 10.10.1.31 -i eth0 -c ACCEPT
iptables v1.2.4: -c requires packet and byte counter

What am i missing ? where do i get a packet and byte counter ??

Marcel

Antropov Anton wrote:

The simplest way - is to LOG packets using IPTABLES.
My friends from Internet-provider are doing so.

Another way is to use proxy-servers (like SQUID).

Know this is a bit off subject but dose anybody know any good programs to use for monitoring Megabytes per IP address. What i want to do is have a LAN and be able to get data on how many MB each host downloaded for billing purposes.