OT: Re: TREAT URGENT

Nugzar Nebieridze wrote:

> Sorry for off-topic, but I'm curious, WHY do people write such
> messages? WHAT do they need? My account information?

They are running a scam.  The idea is to get you to fork
over smaller sums of money[1] to "get" the transaction to
happen.  When in reality they are pocketing the sums you
fork over.  Other ones try to get you to give them access
to your account so they can drain it.  Some combine the
two.  Some have other things they try to do.

My responce to them is to report the suckers to any ISP
or email service they are using, and also email the open
relay they sent the messages through.  Basically cut off
their links.  If they only give phone number or fax numbers
I report them to the FBI so they can have that number
cutoff at the international exchanges.

In a couple of african countries scams like this are not
illegal if the victims are outside the country.

[1] like $1000-$5000 or whatever they think you will bear.

Links:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/news/nr-01-11.htm
http://www.msp.state.mi.us/news/0389.pdf
http://www.state.ct.us/dob/pages/419scams.htm

Search under "Nigeria FBI scam" for more information.