Re: What about doing security updates automatically?

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 04:16:17PM +0200, Gerhard Kroder wrote:

> Installed  an run it and wondered about lots of log messages
> afterwards... Will take some time to check them all. Ar the checks made
> by tiger deb-policy compliant?

	Tiger does not check deb-policy, it's a (rather old) UNIX
host-based security scanner. It will check for things (it thinks) are
potential problems.
	There are, however, some tests specific to Linux and I coded two
new ones specifically for Debian. One is like 'debsums' (actually, debsums
is much faster, it seems I did not code it that well), and one is the
testing for security advisories (I am positive that there isn't currently
a tool to do this).

> BTW: is tiger going to be released with woody?

	Umm... it seems not (since it was sent after the freeze).

	Javi