Re: apt-get do not douwnload new packages announced in debian-security-announce

-. Alberto Cortés (2001-08-09) :

 | I have a little problem with apt-get, i think i am not doing it the
 | proper way.
 |
 |        When there is a announce that certain package has a bug, (like
 | gnupg v1.0.5) you can read in www.debian.org that there is a new
 | package to download (1.0.6-0potato1). Thats OK, but i can't download it
 | with my apt-get, maybe i am not using the correct "sources", my
 | sources.list look like this:
 |
 | deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
 | deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
 |
 |     What are the official sources if you want to have an up to date,
 | secure system?

Mhh, just 2 clicks, and:
http://www.debian.org/security/ :

You may find it convenient to use apt to get the latest security updates.
This requires a line such as
   deb http://security.debian.org/ potato/updates main contrib non-free
in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

You can also put
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib
non-free

I have this line too, but I think it's the same as one before:
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security potato/updates main contrib
non-free

--
VALLIET Emmanuel       !   http://www.webmotion.com