Re: shared root account

Juha Jäykkä <juolja@utu.fi> writes:

> How can that _safely_ be accomplished? There are versions of su,
> sudo etc) that do not ask passwords, there are suid binaries but
> which is _THE_ way of accomplishing this?

I've never been in a situation like yours. But I can tell how I do it
at home. I think this might be possible for you, too.

What you want to accomplish might be possible with sudo. Install sudo
and thenn add the following line to the configuration
file. (/etc/sudoers on my machine)
        <yourusername> ALL=(ALL) ALL

this will allow you to execute any command you want with
        sudo <command>
but you still don't have to know the root password. The password
you're providing when executing sudo is yours.

Bye, patrice