Re: Proxy arp or bridge ?

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 06:27:55PM +0100, Leo Howell wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 06:30:01PM +0200, Daniel Faller wrote:
> > On Monday 02 July 2001 18:25, you wrote:
> > > ipmasquerading?
> >
> > No, they have public ip's and I would like to keep this setting. The clients
> > config should not change at all.
>
> Then I would go with bridging all the way. I use it here at home to join
> 100baseT and 10base2 ethernet together. I see no reason why you can't set
> up a packet filter on the bridge as well. (I may of course be totally
> wrong).

You should also consider to setup 2 bridges with packet filtering enabled (
there is a patch for this, both for the 2.2 and the 2.4 series.  I don't
remember the url, however).

Then, you have an easy way for a fully redundant solution.

--
Ducrot Bruno
http://www.poupinou.org        Page profaissionelle