Re: security in general

That's a lame argument. You're saying "I can't make it perfect, so I might
as well not do anything."  If you want tripwire, install it now.  Given how
security-conscious you are, the chance of you having already been cracked in your first 24 hours with a rapidly changing IP is pretty small. If you ever have to install the machine again, then you can install tripwire right away.
Until then, increase the security of your system by installing tripwire.

Hahaha good point :)
I'll install it right away :))
(Sometimes I tend to be a bit black/white about things hehe)

Tubby / Jan