apt and security

I've got tripwire keeping an eye on my filesystems so I'm notified whenever a
change is made.  I recently added a couple of packages via apt, and I noticed a
number of files were modified that I hadn't expected changed.  I don't recall
the names of the packages I upgraded (there were a bunch), but I was wondering
if there is a dpkg -l flag of some sort that shows you the timestamps of when a
package was added, and if I could get the listing of files altered by those
packages once I know which ones they are?

--
Matthew H. Ray
mray@jump.net