RE: Logging practices (and why does it suck in Debian?)

<snip>
Before I start this, however, I would really like to know if this is just
going to be something I'll do for myself, or if there's anybody else
interested in it? Maybe even design it for inclusion in Debian? I personally
think this should be done, since the default now sucks (to put it mildly).
</snip>

That would be great! I'm still quite new to Linux/Debian and a doc and a decent logging config would be a great help in securing a box and managing it!

Thanks,
Eugene van Zyl