port 111.

I recently install portsentry by psionic on my system. It seems like people are trying to scan port 111 pretty often. /etc/services says that this is the sunrpc port. Anytime portsentry detects a scan it adds an ipchains rule to block all traffic from that host. What I am wondering is if there is any legitimate reason for scanning or attempting to connect to port 111 or are these people really trying something funny on my system. This is just a personal web server doing nothing important.

This happens a few times a day.
             Tim Uckun
      Mobile Intelligence Unit.
   "There are some who call me TIM?"