Re: Allow FTP in, but not shell login

If I'm not mistaking and If you only have telnet enabled you can simply '*' disable the account for
the user[s] you want to restrict access to in /etc/passwd file.
ie -
user:*:xxxx:xxxx:UserName,,,:/home/user:/bin/bash

^ which *should* still let users ftp in and deny telnet sessions...

If have your users login via ssh then 'sshd_config' file must be edited to
have something like :

----sshd_config-------
<snip>
DenyUsers guest1 guest2 guest3 etc...
<snip>

cheers,
xbud
xbud@g0thead.com
opadilla@lonestar.utsa.edu
"I only drink to make other people interesting."