Re: port-scanning. advise?

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 08:25:00PM -0600, Jordan Bettis wrote:
> But I should not be responsible if I scan someone who's system is so flaky
> that it can't take the scan.

	True, and I heartily agree with you.  Unfortunately, there are people
who don't see it that way, and might be able to convince authorities to punish
you for it.  Again, I advise making sure that the person you are going to
portscan won't mind.  Either that, or make sure they won't find out, won't be
able to identify you, can't prove it, or you be in a position (either of power
or geography) to not be held responsible.