Re: HHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies in advance for the fact that the only type of security
this post has anything do do with is the security of my sanity.

Paul Klinkenberg wrote:

> That would be great, i always wanted to remove random people from the list
> when i was bored. ;)
>
> Paul.
>
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:00:58PM -0600, Mason wrote:
> > It would be nice to have the mailing list software support 'unsubscribe
> > user@foo.com' so that people with more complicated emailing setups (like
> > the reply too address being an alias that points to the real email
> > address) can easily have themselves removed. Actually, I haven't tried
> > adding in the user@foo.com, maybe this software /does/ support the
> > feature and it's just not listed on the debian mailing list page.

It does exactly that. If you try to confirm an unsubscribe from an
address
that it not subscribe, then you get the message that was referred to
with
a list of "maybe" matches:

> 1113 pdh@berserk.demon.co.uk             6814 20000706154926.L15148@checkaprice.demon.co.uk
> 871 sn@hadesian.demon.co.uk             6814 20000706150304.J15148@checkaprice.demon.co.uk
>
> If you recognise one of these addresses as being the one you
> wanted to unsubscribe, send in a new unsubscribe request
> containing the text:  unsubscribe the_address_you_meant.

As it says, you can then unsubscribe another address.

Funnily enough it then sends a confirmation request to the address
you asked it to unsubscribe. If that confirmation is received, then
that address will be unsubscribed.

[rant on]

It's really, really simple. It's also really, really amazing how many
people seem to forget how to read when faced with any kind of error
message whatsoever.

In short, to the original poster & several of the followers-up:

R T F M!!!

[rant off]

Yours despairingly,

Nick