Re: Mutt/gnupg

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 04:35:53PM +0800, Wari Wahab wrote:
> Nah, I think what he wants is messages that can be viewed via Windows
> Outbloat or Outbloat Express, which will never get PGP/MIME messages
> right. The problem with the clearsign option is that outlook will think
> that the whole message is an attachment which outlook can't grok because
> of the .dat extensions.... (BTW, that's what he means by binary format
> although the content is pure text..)
>
> Anyway, the previous post about the keyboard mapping is the only
> solution to this but is you type the wrong passphrase, your whole
> message will be WIPED!... lalala...

You can also put a "set pgp_create_traditional=yes" in your .muttrc
file.  This signs/encrypts without using PGP/MIME, though it does set
the MIME-type to application/pgp, which Outlook and Outlook Express
can't handle.  Any decent mailer should be able to handle it, though.

--
[ Nathan Saper (natedog@well.com)       http://www.well.com/user/natedog/ ]
[ GPG/PGP: 0x6D7A0DA0 (ADB6 C720 B46B AE39 93BD E598 897E D87D 6D7A 0DA0) ]