Re: System log monitor

On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 04:57:48AM +0000, Steve wrote:
> Is there a package in debian equivalent to RedHat's LogWatch?  This
> analyses the system logs nightly and delivers a report of sudo events,
> logins, ssh sessions, etc.  What is the preferred method of doing this
> under debian?

	I like syslog-summary. Especially the state remembering and
	duplicate suppression.

00 07 * * * syslog-summary -s ~/.syslog-summary.states /var/log/syslog.0 /var/log/messages.0 | mutt -s 'Logs' tv@hq.yok.utu.fi

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | With searching comes loss