Re: Request to add tss to security packages

On Fri, 2023-09-29 at 22:12 +0100, Samuel Henrique wrote:
> Hello Debora,

Hello.  Apologies for my absense on this, I had some personal life
changing event at the end of last year but am now able to focus on this
project again.

> > > If you agree, I can create the repo on salsa and give you
> > > permissions,
> > > just let me know what's your username.
> >
> > My userid on salsa is "debora"
>
> I see that you have a repo for ibmtss under your account:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debora/ibmtss
>
> Is that the most up-to-date state of the package you would like to
> upload or are you going to make more changes?
I just updated to the latest version available upstream (version 2.1.1)

> The deprecation of the tss2 package might require some extra steps,
> but nothing too complicated, on a high level:
> 1) Introduce the new package "ibmtss", with a "Breaks/Replaces" set
> specific versions of tss2.
> 2) Transform the tss2 package into a transitional dummy package
> (empty
> package that depends on ibmtss).
I did attempt to do that in debian/control.  But this is the first
pacakge I have worked on so I very much appreciate a review.

> Then after a full release cycle, we can remove the tss2 package
> fully.
> This way we ensure users of tss2 will gracefully migrate to ibmtss on
> updates.
That sounds like a good plan.

> Also let me know if you prefer me to send the review of the package
> this list or privately. It's good to have it on the list for others
> see the progress but there's no issue in asking for a private review.
On the list is fine.

Thank you!
Debora