Re: Request to review and upload unhide 20210124-2

Hello all,

> With regard to the French text issue, I came up with the following ideas.
> If you don't mind, I'd like to discuss with you how we can resolve this issue.
>
> 1. Make changes to upstream
> I don't know why some parts of the GUI program are written in French, but I wonder if it is possible to make changes to the upstream (github.com/YJesus/Unhide) by translating the French strings into English, so that we can merge the translation into our unhide package.
>
> 2. Create translation patches in d/patches
> Alternatively, it could be possible for us to create a patch file under d/patches, which translates the French texts into English.
> In this case, we won't upload the patch to the upstream, but we will maintain it as a part of source package.

I think both 1 and 2 are fine, and we will probably have to do both at
the same time (apply a patch in our packaging and send it to
upstream),
There doesn't seems to be a lot of French strings in the GUI, so that
might be easy work, and probably appreciated by upstream.

> 4. Skip GUI
> I would like to respect the Debian policy. If the changes I am making are not compatible with it, I don't want to break or challenge the policy, so I'll drop the updates I've created thus far.

No, these are all fine, I was just worried about the possibility of
the GUI not being complete, but since you still have interest, it's
fine. I only ask you to use the GUI and try out a few use cases just
to make sure it's working fine.

Thanks for contributing!

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>