Re: Request to review and upload unhide 20210124-2

Hello Samuel,
(CC: Iwamatsu-san)

Many thanks for your dedicated and helpful feedback.

With regard to the French text issue, I came up with the following ideas.
If you don't mind, I'd like to discuss with you how we can resolve this issue.

1. Make changes to upstream
I don't know why some parts of the GUI program are written in French, but I wonder if it is possible to make changes to the upstream (github.com/YJesus/Unhide) by translating the French strings into English, so that we can merge the translation into our unhide package.

2. Create translation patches in d/patches
Alternatively, it could be possible for us to create a patch file under d/patches, which translates the French texts into English.
In this case, we won't upload the patch to the upstream, but we will maintain it as a part of source package.

3. Consult other Debian members
If you don't mind, I'd like to invite Iwamatsu-san, my colleague, to this discussion, so we can have ideas or thoughts from a different perspective.

Iwamatsu-san, what do you think about these ideas?
Do you have any other ideas?

4. Skip GUI
I would like to respect the Debian policy. If the changes I am making are not compatible with it, I don't want to break or challenge the policy, so I'll drop the updates I've created thus far.

By the way, there are some other things we should discuss, but I'll leave them to later.

Best regards,
Fukui