Re: Intro and Intent to Package

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 7:33 PM Samuel Henrique <samueloph@debian.org> wrote:
> [...]
> Cool, in this case you're gonna make good use of lintian, our linter
> tool that catches some good chunk of policy violations.
> Llintian gets called on salsa-ci automatically (together with some
> other tools to check package issues) and it's also a good idea to make
> sure you run it when building the package locally (if you don't
> already) so you can catch the issues before pushing.
>[...]

Alright, I gave it a go. I have pushed what I have so far to Salsa and
also uploaded
it to
  https://mentors.debian.net/package/nsjail

A few things:
- The package looks lintian clean, except for the distribution. Is
"UNRELEASED" the
  correct distribution for now? Or should I change this to "experimental"?
- Since I used CDBS, the maximum debhelper compat version I could use is 10.
  IIUC, this is fine?
- Upstream does not provide GPG signatures, so I can ignore the
  debian-watch-does-not-check-gpg-signature warning, right?

Let me know what you think. I'm also a bit unsure about the repo management.
Upstream lives in GitHub and uses Git submodules. For now I uploaded a snapshot
of the full source tree to debian/master, is that acceptable? What's
the best practice
here?

--
Christian Blichmann | Senior Software Engineer | Google™
m: +41 79 7 18 79 43 | cblichmann@google.com