Re: Intro and Intent to Package

Hello all,

> I have filed 964199
> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=964199) for this.
> My salsa username is "cblichmann".

I created https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-security-team/nsjail and gave
you permissions[0].

For the sponsoring of your work, what I would recommend is to either
ask for a review in this mailing list or contact someone directly [for
when you'd like a specific person to review the work].

Feel free to reach out if you need help with anything, sometimes it
might be easier to have someone bootstrap the packaging with all the
git branches (upstream, pristine-tar and debian/master), as a summary,
what you will need to start the work is:
1) Generate a simple packaging which at least builds, so you get a
.dsc artifact, you can generate that with dh_make[1].
2) Import the generated .dsc into a git structure with "gbp
import-orig --pristine-tar build.dsc"
3) Push the repository to salsa, and from now on you can track the
work in there, and make use of salsa-ci[2].

Some other small things might change in the repository when I run the
script that baselines our projects, which should happen this weekend,
but none of these changes will affect your work.

Regards,

[0] I set and expiration date of end of 2021, as a good practice, when
we reach that date, if you're not a DD, somebody can extend that for
you with no issues.
[1] https://dyn.manpages.debian.org/unstable/dh-make/dh_make.1.en.html
[2] I configured the CI in the repo, it will run when a
debian/salsa-ci.yml file gets pushed.

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>