Re: Review of fierce

Em dom., 12 de abr. de 2020 às 06:38, Marcos Fouces
<marcos.fouces@gmail.com> escreveu:

> El dom, 12-04-2020 a las 01:13 -0300, Eriberto Mota escribió:
> >
> > 2. debian/copyright
> >
> > - Where I can find the year 2007 for RSnake?
>
> It is in the original upstream release. This author don't maintain this
> tool, but you can see this date on some forks like this:
>
> *
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davidpepper/fierce-domain-scanner/master/fierce.pl
>
> Also in the Kali repo:
>
> *
> https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/packages/fierce/-/blob/kali/master/fierce.pl
>
> It is important to note that the current package is a complete rewrite.
> The original source is Perl code while this one is written in Python

Please, add a Comment field to help the FTP-Masters and to guide other
packagers in the future.

> > - Please, use the texts from /usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/licenses
> > for
> > license texts. Currently, neither Debian nor FSF uses street
> > addresses[2].
> >
> > [2] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
> >
> > - In GPL-3 the text must be changed to remove the reference for
> > "later version".
> >
> > - Only to remember, the GPL-3 license text is pointing to GPL-2.
>
> Done.

Not ready. ;-)

- The GPL-3 text remains saying about "any later version" but the
license is not GPL-3+.
- The GPL-2+ text was not updated yet,

> > - (optional) Is a good idea put the license texts after all blocks to
> > make easier the conference of data. It is good for sponsors and
> > FTP-Masters.
>
> I believe that is already done.

What I really meant was put the full license texts (for GPL-3 and
GPL2+) after the end of the block "Files: debian/*". It is to make
easier the view. Also, please, put the copyright years/names for
"Files: *" in chronological order, aligning the names vertically.
Please see an example here[10].

[10] https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-security-team/nbtscan/-/blob/debian/master/debian/copyright

Thank you.

Eriberto