Re: Working as a team, let's take care of all problems

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018, Aleksey Kravchenko wrote:
> One problem is apt-cache rdepends shows that only forensics-all depends
> on libpff packages. May be apt-cache skipped some contrib packages.
> Should we continue to support it? Bug 764527 [4] says that some people
> need it.

The source package builds pff-tools which are tools that end users can
use. It's not only a library. So I guess that we should continue to
support it.

> If we are not dropping the package, the other problem is that the last
> package version [3] was not imported into git, but Raphael already made
> two new commits.
>
> I suggest 'rebasing' two Raphael commits over Imported package, as I've
> done in a fork [2]. To do this we need to overwrite last to commits in
> the main repository.

Neither of this is needed. You can just do a proper merge. You
run "gbp import-dsc" of 20120802-5.1 in a branch that contains the
20120802-5 tag. Then you switch back to debian/master and you merge
your temporary branch.

That's the correct solution that doesn't need history rewriting.

> Raphael, can you please grant me access rights to the libpff repository
> to work on it?

You already have access to all pkg-security repositories. You can check by
yourself:
https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-security-team/libpff/project_members

Cheers,
--