Re: Working as a team, let's take care of all problems

Hi Raphael,

Em 23-08-2018 17:58, Raphael Hertzog escreveu:

> I know that most teams in Debian are understaffed but I have the feeling
> that we are not doing very well with our packages. There are a few
> maintainers who are taking good care of their own packages but we are not
> enough persons caring about the long tail of packages that have no
> dedicated active maintainer.

With the merging of forensics-devel and pkg-security I got lost within the
changes in the communication and stopped receiving some notifications about
my packages. Due to my job being quite hard in recent months I left my
packages in background and today I saw that exifprobe received an NMU.

> Yet we are getting better tools to track all our packages, notably
> with the new tracker.debian.org team overview:
> https://tracker.debian.org/teams/pkg-security
>
> We also have an IRC channel that will soon receive notifications of bugs
> and uploads (it already has notifications of commits). Join
> #debian-pkg-security on OFTC.
>
> So please step in. Here are a few thing to start with:
>
> 1/ Click on the "join" button on https://tracker.debian.org/teams/pkg-security/
> as too few team members are currently receiving bug mails and other
> autoremoval notifications, etc.
>
> 2/ Decide to upload one or two packages every day from those that have
> "action needed" in their VCS column in this table:
> https://tracker.debian.org/teams/pkg-security/+table/general

I'll upload the pending updates in my packages ASAP, and I'll need some help
improving my git skills and fixing outdated repositories.

Thanks for your commitment and keeping things in pkg-security.

Best Regards,

--
Giovani Ferreira
0x78494EF72375A66C