[pkg] New package: wcc

Hello Philippe,

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Philippe Thierry wrote:
> Ok I've fihished with the copyright and all the problems linked to
> submodules usage.
> Uscan is working well and build properly an orig tarball. pristine-tar is
> also uptodate.
> I've updated the version to 0.0.2 as Jonathan as updated and tagged the last
> release of WCC to 0.0.2.
>
> I had to be... a little "violent" to make uscan work, if you take a look
> into orig-tar.sh script, called through the watch file.
>
> I hope this time everything is ok.

I still have a problem with uscan. It should ideally work when run in an
unpacked source package. And since you are copying ../.git, I guess it
doesn't (IOW it works only when run from a git checkout). Can't you
instead initialize a new throw-away git repository as I suggested?

Also if the official workflow is now "uscan" + "gbp import-orig", then
upstream/latest should contain all the files of all submodules and
debian/master too.

You should probably do a first run of gbp import-orig with the current
orig.tar.gz to add the missing files and merge again upstream/latest
into debian/master.

And update debian/README.source... while the currently documented method
does create an appropriate orig tar ball stored in pristine-tar, it
doesn't store all the files in upstream/latest and in debian/master.

Now that you dropped the PDF, wcc-doc is really small. I think that the
package is not needed, you can just dump all the documentation in the main
"wcc" package. And you can get rid of
/usr/share/doc/wcc-doc/wikidocs/.git too.

Cheers,
--
Rapha?l Hertzog ? Debian Developer