Maintain iptables as part of the pkg-security team

Hi,
(just answering to a specific part)

?>I understand tha?t the team doesn't maintain any packages yet, i was just pointing out that iptables's packaging (git repo) is already inside a team controlled repo. >(under pkg-netfilter, which i believe can receive commits from alioth members).

while many people like new comaintainers, a general note is (specially for such big and difficult projects to maintain):
send patches, make the current maintainers aware of your skills in that package, and then ask to comaintain.
I know this isn't the best workflow, but trust me, having a bad comaintainer is worse than having none :)

(that said, I already know your work Samuel, and I find it excellent, I also gave you DM for some packages you maintain,
but being careful with newcomers is always something appreciable)

so, don't be sad if your offer is declined, because I would be surprised otherwise :)

(e.g. I have to do the same for my virtualbox package, maintaining it is really difficult and needs lots of time, skills)

G.