Maintain iptables as part of the pkg-security team

?Hello all,?

> On 23 November 2016 at 00:39, Samuel Henrique <samueloph at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Arturo and Laurence,
> >
> > I would like to offer you to join the pkg-security team and to maintain
> > iptables as part of the team. That would make cooperation easier and
> would
> > offer some backup maintenance power in case you are not available.
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/pkg-security
> >
> > I would also like to ask to become one of the uploaders of iptables.
> >

> Thanks for your interest.
>
> I don't see it necessary right now.
>
> In fact, the plan is to create a netfilter-related packaging team in
> the future. But this plan is also stalled by now.

?I just saw that you already has iptables's packaging under pkg-netfilter :)

Well, in this case, are you willing to accept a new uploader?

There are some changes to iptables packaging i would like to see
implemented, having a first glance at the current state of the package i
can say at least using BINDNOW (hardening+=all), bumping DH to 10 (using
parallel builds) and making use of "-*Wl*,--as--*needed*?" on d/rules. Oh,
also iptables does not build twice (unless building from the git repo)
because d/clean needs some adjustments.

I already joined the mailing list and applied for pkg-netfilter on alioth.

?Regards,?

Samuel Henrique <samueloph>