Maintain iptables as part of the pkg-security team

> ?(I think we can safely drop pkg-security from CC.)?

?I would like to keep it just for logging reasons, since we already started
the discussion there.?

> That's not true :-) see for example:
>
> https://sources.debian.net/src/iptables/1.6.0%2Bsnapshot20161117-4/debian/
> control
>
> Please read this blogpost:
> http://ral-arturo.org/2016/11/30/debian-netfilter-team.html
>
> That will happen once Stretch is released.
>
> So, to be clear: there is no team right now (as I told you before) and
> we will try to create them in the future.

?I understand tha?t the team doesn't maintain any packages yet, i was just
pointing out that iptables's packaging (git repo) is already inside a team
controlled repo. (under pkg-netfilter, which i believe can receive commits
from alioth members).

> > There are some changes to iptables packaging i would like to see
> > implemented, having a first glance at the current state of the package i
> can
> > say at least using BINDNOW (hardening+=all), bumping DH to 10 (using
> > parallel builds) and making use of "-Wl,--as--needed" on d/rules. Oh,
> also
> > iptables does not build twice (unless building from the git repo) because
> > d/clean needs some adjustments.
> >

> Great, then please send patches.

?I'm not really sure i understood, you do not want me as a co-uploader?

I asked to be a co-uploader because sending patches is a lot more
bureaucratic than directly commiting to iptable's git repo., besides i see
no reason for that when i can work directly with you and Laurence,?

?and iptables could definitely ?use some help packaging (not just seasonal
patches), otherwise these changes would've been already made.

Please, i'm not trying to piss you off, that is a serious question.

?Regards,?

Samuel Henrique <samueloph>