Re: Date versions: (Was: Humble comments...)

Hi Kingsley,

On 2023-06-25 00:48, Kingsley G. Morse Jr. wrote:
You politely proposed using download date as
version for CCD.

You're smart.

Maybe you already know this, but Debian's Policy
Manual has a sub-sub-section called

     "3.2.1. Version numbers based on dates"

If you haven't checked it out yet, maybe it would
be

     interesting, or even

     helpful.

It's at

     3.2.1. Version numbers based on dates
     https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#version-numbers-based-on-dates

Thanks for the link. I had not read this portion before, but I believe I have been adhering to its spirit. I would use the same versioning scheme for CCD.

PS: I agree my ginormous spread sheet summarizing
     life span experiments may interest Debian's
     Med team.

     Through no fault of yours, I failed to explain
     the reason why I asked if the PDB Chemical
     Component Dictionary might compliment it.

     I wondered if data in the CCD might add value
     to it for synergistic technical and biological
     reasons.

     My ginormous spread sheet summarizing life
     span experiments is currently a for-profit
     project.

     But, I'd love to find a crowd funding guru who
     could show me how to

         get paid and

         publish it under a permissive license, like
         the PDB Chemical Component Dictionary, so it
         could

             be part of Debian and

             expedite research to

                 slow, and maybe even

                 reverse

             the scourge of aging.

I see. I believe such discussion is worth a thread of its own.

Best wishes,
Andrius