Re: Packaging PDB Chemical Component Dictionary

Hi Maarten,

On 2023-06-23 20:22, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
Although I agree that having an up-to-date CCD file is useful. And having it installed by the system would even be better. But I wonder, who is going to make new packages with the latest CCD file? That's a task that needs to be executed weekly. Or do you envision a way to automate that?

Surely it would be difficult to keep up with such frequency of updates. My idea would be to update it at least before the freezes of Debian and Ubuntu releases.

I also assume you want to replace the current cron script from libcifpp with this new package?

No, libcifpp cron script would remain for those willing to use the most up-to-date CCD, as CCD package would remain immutable for the most of the Debian stable lifecycle.

Best wishes,
Andrius