Re: MRs on salsa and letting janitor automate things

Stuart Prescott <stuart@debian.org> writes:

> Hi folks
>
> tl;dr: there lots of untriaged MRs on salsa; let's permit Janitor to
> automatically commit its updates
>

> There are lots of MRs on salsa for science-team packages that are open.
> Many of these have been open for months and many have no comments,
> triage or feedback visible on salsa. Many of these have been made by
> first time contributors who, by virtue of their MRs sitting
> unacknowledged and unmerged for months, think we don't care. That's not
> our intended message!

Personally I often find it hard to prioritize understanding the MRs from
the janitor, and I'm not comfortable with having a bot commit to a repo
that I am responsible for. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned. I'm an
uploader only for a tiny fraction of the team's packages, so my views
should not block anything. I guess I can always pull a few packages from
the team space on Salsa.